There are many types of diet that most people are clinging to, especially in losing weight. Some of these may be good or bad for the body, but a plant-based alkaline diet is considered beneficial even in promoting optimal health.
For the alkaline naturals, the alkaline diet strives to help balance the blood pH levels of the fluids in the body, like the blood and urine. This diet type aims to be careful in consuming foods as it considers the pH levels of the body. An alkaline diet also attempts to limit the diet acid-rich foods intake, claiming that these kinds of foods can disrupt the body’s pH levels resulting in various health complications, and sometimes, gaining more weight.
Benefits of Alkaline Diet
Alkaline foods have the capacity to supply the essential nutrients that contribute to our health, like stopping the accelerated signs of aging and gradual loss of organic and cellular functions. Aside from these, here are some of the health benefits a person gets in the alkaline diet.
- It protects the bone mass and muscle density as it balances the mineral ratio, which is essential in building bones and maintaining lean muscle mass.
- It lowers the risk of hypertension and stroke because it helps decrease inflammation while increasing the production of growth hormones.
- It boosts the absorption of vitamins and prevents magnesium deficiency, required in enzyme systems and body functions.
- It helps improve the immune functions and protects the body from cancer.
- It helps maintain a healthy weight.
Tips in Following the Alkaline Diet
To help keep the body on its alkaline state, remember these tips in following the alkaline diet:
- If possible, consider buying organic alkaline foods.
- Consume more alkaline foods and less acidic foods.
- Drink alkaline water.
- You can test your pH levels.
- Drink less soda.
- Limit animal protein to one serving a day.
Best Foods for Alkaline Diet
Some of the best sources of food to start or improve the alkaline diet are:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables- these promote alkalinity the most
- Raw foods- a good portion of uncooked foods depletes the alkalizing minerals.
- Plant proteins
- Green drinks- these are made from green vegetables and grasses
Best Alkaline Recipes
What does an alkaline diet menu look like? Here are some simple yet tasty alkaline diet recipes you should try:
- Alkalizing juice recipes- Some of the high-alkaline foods like spinach and cucumber are served as green juices that can be enjoyed.
- Green smoothie recipes
- Avocado recipes
- Black bean burgers recipe
The alkaline diet emphasizes eating whole fresh foods with varieties of fruits and vegetables and minimally processed food. It allows small amounts of protein and other dairy products while reducing grains, which results in an array of nutrients.