A bathroom is a place of refuge, a space where you can make yourself feel better by treating yourself to something soothing or indulgent. It’s also a small room in the house, which means that before you decide to hire a professional renovator like bathroom renovators in Woden Valley, you should have some design ideas that will make your bathroom particularly noticeable. Here are some ideas for how to make your tiny space look bigger, cozier, and more inviting with just a few tweaks.
- Use a shelf to store your toothbrush and other bathroom items.
- Hang towels on hooks.
- Use a hook to hang a robe.
- Use a hook for your hair dryer.
Free Up Counter Space
If your bathroom counters are shut down, try using other storage solutions to free up space. Here are four easy ways to do so:
- Wall-mounted storage is a great option if you have a small bathroom and limited counter space. You can use it for things like soap dispensers, toothbrushes, toothpaste, makeup brushes, shower bombs, or even towels If you don’t want to install something permanently on the wall (or if it’s not allowed by your landlord), consider using adhesive hooks that can be easily removed when necessary.
- A hanging shelf is another great way to store items that would normally take up room on the countertop. It takes advantage of unused vertical space above the sink so there’s no need for installation. These shelves come in all shapes and sizes so there should be one that suits your needs perfectly, you may even find one with built-in lighting underneath which makes it perfect for keeping things like lotion bottles within reach while still looking stylish
Light It Up
Light It Up
- Dimmable lighting is a great way to make your bathroom feel like a spa. You can choose LED light bulbs and/or dimmer switches to accomplish this.
- If you don’t want to go with the standard overhead lights, try a lamp with shade instead. This will help soften the light in your bathroom, making it more relaxing for you and anyone else who visits there.
- Make sure that the color of all of your lights matches those on your walls – or at least co-compliment them. This will help tie everything together and make visitors feel comfortable when they enter your space.
Get A New Shower Curtain
Shower curtains are a great way to add color and style to your bathroom. They can be used to hide a dirty shower or bathtub, but they can also serve as a decorative element in their own right. With so many options available, it’s easy to change out your shower curtain if you want something new.
Wear Your Decor On Your Sleeves (Or Mat)
The best way to decorate a bathroom is to wear it on your sleeves (or mat). Bathrooms are already colorful spaces, so why not add color and texture through cushions, rugs, and mats?
- Use a rug to define the space. A rug can be used as an accent piece that defines the space in the bathroom. You can also use different patterns and textures on the area rug that creates a patterned flooring design.
- Add some comfort with cushions. Cushions are great for adding color and comfort to any room of the house, including yours. They’re easy to store when not in use so always make sure that you have enough of them around if you want to make them decorative pieces for each room of your home.
Add Some Greenery
In addition to the other decorating tips, adding greenery is a great way to make your bathroom feel more like home.
You can add plants that help with air quality and humidity, or you can opt for something less practical but equally delightful: succulents. Succulents are easy to care for, they don’t need much water and will survive even if you neglect them for days at a time. These hardy plants also add a touch of nature to your bathroom without needing too much attention from you. No one will be able to tell that they’re fake.
Small touches can make a big difference in the bathroom.
Small touches can make a big difference in the bathroom. It’s easy to focus on the big things, such as painting your walls or adding a new vanity top, but there are so many small things you can do to tweak your space. For example:
- Adding hooks for towels and robes
- Adding a toothbrush holder or soap dish
- Switching out light fixtures
- Rethinking your shower curtain
Bathrooms are small, personal spaces that serve a variety of functions. The bathroom is where you clean, relax and prepare for the day ahead. Your bathroom should be clean and relaxing—both in appearance and function.
So, there you have it. Hope this article has given you some ideas for your bathroom decor and inspired you to make over your bathroom in a way that’s best for you. Remember: bathrooms are one of the few places where you have complete control over what you see and feel every day, so why not make it a place that makes you happy?