Brain atrophy, also known as cerebral atrophy is a condition wherein a person begins to lose their brain cell (neurons) and connections between the cells. Due to this brain volume starts decreasing and this, in turn, impacts your memory, thinking ability, doing day-to-day tasks, and much more.
Usually, when one begins to age, the brain cells do tend to decrease but if the brain volume decreases before a certain age then it is surely brain atrophy. Now there are two types of brain atrophy. One is focal and the other is the generalized one.
- Focal brain atrophy – As the name indicates, in this the damage is done only to a specific part of your brain while the rest of it is fine.
- Generalized brain atrophy – Here the damage gradually spreads to your entire brain thereby making the disorder worst.
Risk of brain atrophy
There can be a number of reasons why an individual is suffering from brain atrophy.
- Head injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Neurological disorders
- Genetic disorders
- HIV and AIDS
Diagnosing brain atrophy can be a typical task depending on whether it is focal or generalized brain atrophy. Also, the symptoms might differ from one patient to the other from mild to severe. Some of the symptoms that you will come across.
- Unable to understand some words
- Memory issues
- Mood changes
- Inability to write
- Inability to speak
In order to receive the right treatment, it is very important that brain atrophy is diagnosed at the correct time. Also one needs to get in touch with a highly experienced professional who has immense knowledge and can help you with the best possible solutions. Early diagnosis of brain atrophy can certainly be the first step toward treatment.
MRI or magnetic resonance imaging is one of the tests that help doctors to get a picture of your brain, its nerves, and brain cells. Even a CT scan is another alternative test that can be performed. Apart from this, the expert can ask a few questions related to your health and find out more about the functioning of your brain.
Once all tests and evaluations are done, the doctor can reach some conclusion as to how to go about the treatment process.
Treatment for brain atrophy
Once the person has acquired this disorder, its complete treatment is not possible. However, there are ways through which you can slow down the process and reduce the symptoms to a large extent.
Ways of treating brain atrophy:
- Aerobic exercises
- Following Mediterranean diet
- Speech therapy
- Quit smoking
- Have sound sleep
As already discussed above that a combination of treatments has to be done in order to bring down the effects of brain atrophy.
The brain atrophy ayurvedic treatment is also a natural way to reduce the damage done to your brain. According to Ayurveda Vata doshas is the main reason for brain-related issues. That is why it is essential to maintain a healthy lifestyle and go for therapeutic cleaning of your body. It is also called Panchakarmas which includes both the age-old methods and modern ways of managing the brain atrophy.
Vata means “dry”, so your tissues begin to dry up and that is when it requires nourishment to grow and multiply. Panchakarma treatment is the way of Ayurvedic treatment wherein your entire body is nourished with herbal oils and good substances. Now there are various types of Panchakarmas done by the specialists and need to be performed for at least 21 days to get the desired outcome. Your specialist will guide you as to which type of Panchakarma is meant for you and how it has to be performed. An Ayurveda professional can provide the complete information you have been looking for.
Benefits of the Ayurveda treatment
There is no doubt about the fact that treating brain atrophy via Ayurveda is not only a safe way but effective too. You not only enjoy a healthy lifestyle but your problem will slowly reduce. Reversing brain atrophy is not at all possible but yes risks can be minimized by leaps and bounds.
- The decay of the brain cells can be stopped with Ayurveda thereby bringing down the further damage
- Your quality of life gets better once a few sessions of your Panchakarma or therapy are completed
- The disease will not further increase but relieve you from many symptoms
- Some people lose mobility which can be retained with Ayurveda
- Medications and panchakarma together give really fruitful results that you can’t even imagine
- There are a few mudras and pranayama which need to be followed strictly in order to receive the best outcomes.
- The right combination of Ayurvedic treatments can definitely stop further damage and even bring down earlier brain-related issues.
Expectations from Ayurvedic brain atrophy treatment
Ayurveda has been useful in brain atrophy to a large extent. Many people have benefited from it. Here are some of the results that you will experience just after a few days of your treatment.
- The process begins to ease down
- The patient starts feeling good and positive
- Mental behavior improves
- Quality of life becomes far better with Ayurvedic treatments
- Medications along with therapy can give quicker results
- Even communication gradually gets better and patients can now talk and understand things
- It is a natural way of healing with no adverse effects
If you or someone around you is suffering from brain atrophy, Ayurveda should be your first choice. If you are able to connect with a trusted Ayurveda institute or specialist you will surely be able to get the best possible treatment. The results of Ayurveda are not just wonderful but affordable too. Also, there are no risks involved and that is why this treatment is gaining a lot of popularity nowadays. More and more people believe that Ayurveda is the only solution for brain atrophy ayurvedic treatment.
To connect with any well-known Ayurveda center, work on your Vata signs, and see how you will be able to combat brain problems in just a few months.