According to data sourced from Statista, there are over 8 million households in the United Kingdom composed of a couple with no children and approximately 5.3 million households comprising couples living with one or two dependent children. Now, imagine every household in the UK having one or more air purifiers. This simply means almost everyone will have safe and clean air to breathe in, which will reduce drastically the rate of air pollution-related health conditions.
Did you know that one of the worst kinds of pollutants can be found indoors? It is reported that in the UK, about 37,500+ deaths are caused by Particulate Matter (PM). Air pollution indoors can be caused by using a wood-burning stove, smoking, cooking food at a high temperature, fixing new carpet, using charcoal for cooking or heating, owning a pet that produces dander, lighting a fire, etc.
Indoor air pollution, when not taken care of immediately, can lead to serious health challenges such as asthma, cancer, heart disease, and a host of other conditions. The good news is that air pollution in a household can be curbed through the use of household air purifiers. Air purifier leasing UK cares about the air conditioner in your house, we offer services that guarantee clean and safer air for all occupations of a building.
Why do households need air purifiers?
- Due to the spread of Covid-19, people now spend up to 80% of their time indoors, it is important that they are not overly exposed to harmful particles present in the air.
- Air purifiers in a household make it more comfortable and welcoming for its occupants.
- Households need air purifiers because it accounts for the safer and cleaner air people breathe in the house.
- It helps in increasing the life expectancy of individuals, it reduces the rate of premature deaths.
- Air purifiers obtained from air purifier leasing UK prevents those with respiratory challenges like asthma from getting triggered by bad air.
- It traps and filters out particles like smoke, pet dander, dust, and pollen. An air purifier with HEPA technology catches 99.7% of particles larger than 0.3 micrometers.
How effective are household air purifiers?
It is important to note that household air purifiers are highly effective. An article by the United States Environmental Protection Agency states that “Filtration is a useful addition to source control and ventilation.” They further buttressed their point by saying “ Making use of a portable air cleaner ( purifier) and/or Improve the quality of your indoor air by replacing the air filter in your central heating or furnace, air-conditioning system, and ventilation .” Its effectiveness can be measured through these:
- It helps reduce airborne contaminants, even viruses in a home.
- It is cost-effective.
- It is easy to operate.
- You don’t need to spend too much on its proper installation.
- It is long-lasting.
- It promotes a healthy lifestyle
For safer and cleaner air in your household, contact air purifier leasing UK. We deliver only the best!