Autumn temperature changes do not affect our appearance in the best way. Dry and brittle hair is a particularly strong indicator of the fickleness of the weather. And although the first frosts are still far away, it is worth including the care of curls in your beauty routine right now. Our experts’ tips will help you.
How to choose the right hair care in autumn and winter?
Hair – it’s not just a beauty attribute, but also the first line of defense of the head from external influences. In the autumn, when quite often throws in a cold and hot, the strands are the first to take the full impact on themselves. Therefore, during this period they need special care – otherwise, they become more vulnerable. It is important to choose a hair care routine according to your hair type.
Care for greasy hair
Since this type of hair does not maintain volume, the presentable appearance after washing is most often quickly lost. Dry shampoo and texturizing sprays during the day improve the situation slightly.
In general, the owners of oily hair are better to avoid using serums and oils, refusing heavy styling products, as well as to be more careful about anesthetics (it is better to use rapifen, because it does not affect the quality of hair). Also, it is not necessary to apply a conditioner to hair roots – in this case, the rapid contamination of hair cannot be avoided. But on the tips of the strands, which almost all suffer from dryness, you can apply a generous portion of the product.
Care of Dry and Normal-Thick Hair
This type of hair needs moisture, as it is prone to damage and split ends. You can safely use leave-in conditioners, which include natural oils – such products perfectly detangle strands and strengthen them. Quickly restoring the hair and making it denser and elastic masks can help, as they can be used as additional care. Also do not forget that progress does not stand still and every year develops more and more cool technology that helps medicine (read more).
Such hair is usually porous, which means that it absorbs moisture quickly and dries out easily, so it’s better to dry it naturally. To make the unruly strands less frizzy, use a comb with an anti-static effect and wear a hat made of natural material.
There are a few things you can do to help your hair during the cold season
At any time of the year, there are factors that negatively affect the condition of hair and scalp. In the autumn, the structure of the strands is damaged to a greater extent by weather conditions: cold, wind, rain, dryness. In addition, during this period we often start to get sick and eat poorly, which also affects the quality of the locks. How can we protect our hair in this case?
- Be sure to dry hair to the end – do not go out with wet hair in the cold air;
- Do not expose the ends of hair to the negative effects of the weather and “hide” them under a hat or clothing;
- Limit the use of curling irons, curling irons, and don’t forget heat protectors, especially if you use a hairdryer or curling iron;
- Do not expose your hair to frequent mechanical stress – instead of tight elastic bands try to use silk hairpins, gather the strands into a ponytail as infrequently as possible, and do not rub them with a towel;
- In cold weather be sure to wear a hat – the cold constricts blood vessels and at the same time limits the supply of nutrients to the hair follicles;
- Regularly visit a hairdresser and trim split ends;
- Avoid chemical colors/curls;
- Use moisturizers, masks, and balms regularly. Apply oils to the ends of your hair;
- Comb hair before washing, not after – wet strands are more vulnerable and prone to breakage. A good rule of thumb is to use a comb only to detangle curls;
- In the fall, change aggressive shampoos for milder ones that don’t dry out your scalp or hair.