The condition of our skin communicates a lot about our identity, self-esteem, and perception by others.
Skin quality encompasses more than just aesthetics; it mirrors our overall health, well-being, and contentment, influencing our self-perception.
What else indicates that your skin is in excellent shape today?
Skin quality is determined by three factors:
Texture: Skin that is well-moisturized, even, and devoid of fine lines and wrinkles.
Elasticity: Dense and voluminous skin.
Color: Skin that is free from pigmentation issues or redness.
According to a survey, 56% of women believe that healthy skin reflects a woman’s overall beauty.
Injectable treatments utilizing hyaluronic acid (HA) are the leading choice for enhancing skin quality.
WHAT ARE WAYS TO ENHANCE SKIN QUALITY?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) exerts three primary effects on the skin:
HA’s remarkable capacity to retain moisture boosts skin hydration.
2. Epidermal Thickness
Incorporating HA into the epidermis contributes to enhancing the thickness of the epidermal layer, stimulating the extracellular matrix and fibroblasts.
3. Collagen Synthesis
HA and injectable treatments stimulate the production of collagen, ultimately leading to an improvement in skin quality.
JUVEDERM® VOLITE: SMOOTH, HYDRATED, AND FIRM SKIN
MedEsthet in My Lip Filler offers an advanced product by Allergan, featuring their patented VYCROSS™ technology:
Juvederm VOLITE is an injectable gel based on hyaluronic acid (HA) that facilitates skin enhancement. This injectable, which includes HA and lidocaine, is administered intradermally and can be utilized on various areas, including the face, neck, décolletage, and the outer part of the hand.
EXCLUSIVE VYCROSS TECHNOLOGY
VYCROSS technology is a patented blend of hyaluronic acid featuring both low and high-molecular-weight components, with a preponderance of shorter chains. This formulation has undergone a distinct cross-linking procedure to create a highly cohesive matrix.
Juvederm Volbella (2 x 1ml)
VYCROSS TECHNOLOGY AND JUVEDERM VOLITE:
Precise control over injections and accurate dosing.
Effortless extrusion force, even with the use of a small-gauge needle.
Longevity of results
Laboratory studies indicate a remarkable resilience against damage from free radicals.
Enhanced skin hydration and smoothness
Significant statistical enhancements in skin moisture retention and smoothness.
CONFIRMED EFFICACY OF JUVEDERM® VOLITE
EFFECTIVENESS OF JUVEDERM VOLITE
Juvederm assures positive outcomes from its application.
Findings from a clinical trial assessing the effectiveness and safety of Juvederm® VOLITE after one month revealed that:
The study defined smoothness as the absence of fine lines and wrinkles. Skin smoothness or roughness was assessed in this research using the Allergan Skin Roughness Scale (ASRS 1), a 5-point photodigital scale.
Following the procedure, cheek skin was evaluated using the Allergan Fine Wrinkle Depth Scale (AFLS), with a baseline score ranging from 2 to 3 points. Post-procedure, 89.4% of patients exhibited an improvement of more than 1 point.
For cheek skin moisturization, MoistureMeter D was employed, and cheek skin elasticity was assessed with the MRA 580 Cutometer.
After one month, two parameters related to cheek skin moisturization displayed statistically significant improvements compared to baseline (p < 0.001 and p = 0.006). Additionally, six absolute measures of cheek skin elasticity showed statistically significant improvements from baseline after one month (p < 0.040).
A majority of patients (more than 75%) achieved optimal correction with a single treatment of Juvederm Volite, while the remainder required a supplementary treatment within 30 days, typically involving less than 1 ml of product and primarily targeting the cheek area. The study involved 131 participants.
Juvederm Ultra Smile (2 x 0.55ml)
JUVEDERM® VOLITE – ALLERGAN’S LATEST INNOVATION
With Allergan’s extensive product range, you can assist your patients in rejuvenating their skin to a healthier appearance.
Since each patient is unique, a thorough evaluation of their skin is crucial in choosing the most suitable Allergan product for achieving optimal results.
The terminology used here aligns with a common language in the field of medical aesthetics and remains consistent across various application guidelines. Always review the product’s instructions for use before applying it.
YOUR ASSURANCE OF JUVEDERM® VOLITE RESULTS
For further information, you can watch Patricia Ogilvie’s instructional video on how to administer Juvederm® VOLITE or get in touch with your Allergan representative.
Please note that this technique is endorsed by Dr. Patricia Ogilvie and is based on her clinical expertise.
Before injecting, depress the plunger stem until the product flows from the needle.
Gently stretch the skin in a transverse direction to make it taut.
Insert the needle into the skin at an oblique angle.
Administer the medication slowly and with minimal pressure (10-25 µl drop).
Cease injection before removing the needle.
Repeat steps 1-5 for multiple micro-punctures spaced 1 cm apart in the injection area.
The kit includes 32G 1/2″ needles, which are recommended for use. However, a 32G 3/16 needle may be utilized depending on the preferred injection method. Both needles have been approved by Allergan for this procedure and are specified in the instructions for using Juvederm VOLITE.
Juvederm Ultra 4 (2 x 1ml)
TIPS FOR OPTIMAL USE OF JUVEDERM® VOLITE
To guarantee uniform dispersion, the medication should be administered at an angle, unless you are employing a short needle for addressing fine lines.
It is advisable to replace needles regularly, and each syringe is equipped with two 32G 1/2″ needles. Ensure that the needle remains sharp.
Dr. Ogilvie suggests initiating the injection in the outer facial region as this will enable you to fine-tune your injection approach.
It is crucial to take note of the following:
- Avoid injecting the medication into the eyelid region.
- Refrain from injecting the product into blood vessels.
- Exercise caution against excessive correction.
- Juvederm® VOLITE should not be administered in the following cases:
- Patients with untreated epilepsy or porphyria.
- Those prone to developing hypertrophic scars.
- Individuals with known hypersensitivity to HA and/or Gram-positive bacterial proteins.
- Those with a known hypersensitivity to lidocaine or amide-type local anesthetics.
- Pregnant and lactating women.
- In areas with active cutaneous inflammatory and/or infectious conditions.
- Simultaneously with laser treatments, deep chemical peels, or dermabrasion.
- Simultaneously with superficial peels if there is a strong inflammatory reaction.
Juvederm Ultra 2 (2 x 0.55ml)
“Do not inject the drug while the needle is being withdrawn, as this can result in superficial injection of the drug, which can result in visible irregularities on the surface of the skin.”
Similar to any injectable treatment, it is advisable to educate patients about potential short-term inflammatory reactions such as redness, swelling, and erythema, which may occasionally be accompanied by itching, pressure pain, or paresthesia. These reactions typically subside within one week. Patients should promptly report any persistent inflammatory reactions or adverse events lasting more than one week to their healthcare provider.
In a clinical trial involving 131 patients, all adverse events related to the treatment were of mild to moderate intensity.
Guidelines for Patients following the application of Juvederm* VOLITE:
Avoid applying cosmetics to the treated skin for at least 12 hours after the procedure.
Steer clear of direct sunlight exposure to the treated skin for two weeks following the procedure and avoid extreme temperatures below 0°C.
Refrain from using saunas or steam rooms for two weeks after the procedure.
Juvederm® VOLITE can be integrated into an individualized treatment plan tailored to the patient’s specific needs.
Interactions with Other Medications:
The well-established incompatibility between hyaluronic acid and quaternary ammonium salts, such as benzalkonium chloride, is widely recognized. Hence, Juvederm must never come into contact with such compounds or with medical surgical instruments that have been treated with them.
Patients should be informed of the potential for adverse reactions associated with the administration of this injectable implant, which can manifest either immediately or after a short period. These side effects, although not limited to, may include:
- The possible development of various inflammatory reactions following the drug’s skin injection (e.g., redness, swelling, erythema, etc.), sometimes accompanied by itching and pressure pain. Such reactions may persist for up to one week. It is important to note that injecting the drug into mucous membranes may result in more pronounced edema and bleeding due to the tissue’s physiological characteristics. In such cases, prophylactic anti-inflammatory treatment may be recommended by the physician.
- The occurrence of bruising.
- The formation of lumps or nodules at the injection site.
- Tissue discoloration or pigmentation changes at the injection site.
- Suboptimal effectiveness of the procedure or a less pronounced filling/volumetric correction effect.
- Considering reported cases of skin necrosis on the nasal bridge, abscesses, granulomas, and allergic reactions, immediate or delayed, following hyaluronic acid and/or lidocaine injections, it is essential to acknowledge the potential risk of these side effects.
Patients should promptly notify their physician if they experience a persistent local inflammatory reaction lasting more than one week after drug administration or any other side effects. Physicians must ensure that appropriate treatment is provided.
Any instances of other undesirable side effects associated with Juvederm injection should be reported to the product distributor and/or manufacturer.
Method of Administration and Dosage:
- This product is intended for intradermal injection and lip mucosa injection, to be performed by a qualified physician under prevailing local regulations.
- The use of 30G 1/2″ injection needles is recommended. However, depending on the physician’s preferred injection technique, 25G 1/2″ sterile cannulas may also be suitable. The choice of cannula length should be determined by the user based on the injection technique employed. For instance, it is not advisable to use 25G cannulas for lip injections.