The holiday season is a time for family and friends to come together, but it can also be a time when pets are left out of the fun. Here are some tips to help make your long holidays with kids and dogs in Wellington as enjoyable for them as they are for you!
This is a beautiful place for a holiday, and if you’re looking for somewhere to take both your kids and pooch, Hollyford Valley is it! It’s not that far from Queenstown, so you can easily drive over there in an hour or two. Once you get there though, this part of the world will be all yours: no crowds, no traffic, and no distractions.
You can go on some great walks here too; they’re not too hard so they’re good for everyone. You’ll see lakes, rivers, and mountains along the way—it’s amazing what New Zealand has to offer!
The head of Lake Wakatipu
- The head of Lake Wakatipu is a great spot for dogs.
- It’s beautiful and has lots of space to run around.
- There are also many places where you can stop and admire the views, which your kids will love!
- It’s a good spot for picnics too, with plenty of grassy areas to sit on or picnic tables to use if you don’t want to sit on the ground.
The Queen Charlotte Track
The Queen Charlotte Track is a popular hiking trail in the Marlborough Sounds. It takes you through some of the most stunning scenery in New Zealand, with high mountains and waterfalls. The track has several campsites along it, where you can stay overnight.
The track is also a multi-day walk, so if you’re planning to do it with your dog or children, make sure they have enough stamina!
Give your kids showbags to carry their stuff
If you’re traveling with children, show bags are a great way to keep them entertained and busy. And if you have dogs in tow, show bags like this best showbags 2022 are an easy way for the kids to carry their belongings. Showbags can be used as ‘backpacks’ or even seat protectors!
These are the best spots to take your kids and dogs for a long holiday in Wellington.
- Hollyford Valley
- The head of Lake Wakatipu
- The Queen Charlotte Track
For this long holiday with the kids and dogs, give them show bags to carry their stuff in.
Don’t forget dog leads
- If you’re bringing a dog along for the trip, don’t forget to include dog leads in your packing list! Looking for a new one at dog leads in NZ Dog leads are important for safety, as well as letting your dog explore.
- Make sure that your dog is always restrained when on the lead. This will help keep them safe and make it easier to stop them when needed. It’s best to have an extra lead with you at all times as well—in case of emergencies or unexpected situations where you need to control their movements quickly and efficiently, like if they start running towards other dogs or people who might be scared by their approach!
Know when you need help
One of the best ways to ensure you enjoy your long holiday with kids and dogs in Wellington is to ask for help when you need it. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, and don’t be ashamed to ask for help either. It can be stressful raising kids on your own, especially if they are young or disabled, or both! Look at MT Wellington daycare for example!